Practical Phonetics / Phonetics 2/3 (BE) (SZEAPPHBELo)
- Dr. Gunter Lorenz
2 SWS, ECTS-Studium
nur Fachstudium, If you have not received the Zoom link one day before the first meeting, please contact your teacher. Important information: please register on sprachkurse.fau.de so that your teacher can contact you before the first meeting.
Zeit: Di 16:30 - 18:00, Zoom-Meeting
- Voraussetzungen / Organisatorisches
- 3; 2; 4 ECTS.
Students who took up their studies as of WS 2020/21:
Aufbaumodul Language (L-UfE, L-Gym). To be taken in conjunction with Speaking Skills.
Prerequisite: Zwischenmodul Language.
Students who took up their studies before WS 2020/21:
Zwischenmodul Language (L-Gym); Vertiefungsmodul Language (L-UfE).
Prerequisite: Phonetics I Theory.
- In Practical Phonetics / Phonetics 2/3 students build on their theoretical knowledge of the sound inventory of English acquired in Descriptive Phonetics / Phonetics 1: Theory and analyse the sound system from the perspective of German learners of English. Students put their theoretical knowledge into practice with regular recordings and analyses of their own readings of texts in English. Students gain an awareness of the range and respective severity of typical deviations from standard British and American English pronunciation. Students identify common pronunciation problems for non-native speakers of English as well as their own individual pronunciation difficulties. Students develop their pronunciation on the basis of constructive feedback.
- Zusätzliche Informationen
- Erwartete Teilnehmerzahl: 20, Maximale Teilnehmerzahl: 20
- Institution: Abteilung Englisch für Philologie (Eng-Phil)