Vorlesungsverzeichnis >> Sprachenzentrum >> |
Englisch Level 3 (JUR): Private Law B: Family Law, Employment Law, Property Law, the Law of Succession (SZENL3LAWPLB)
2 SWS, Anwesenheitspflicht, ECTS-Studium, ECTS-Credits: 2,5
nur Fachstudium, Sprache Englisch, Programm der erweiterten Fachsprachausbildung: Kurs Level 3; Vorbildung zwingend erforderlich: Beachten Sie bitte die Teilnahmevoraussetzungen
- Studienfächer / Studienrichtungen
- WF JUR-GS-W ab 4
WF JUR-GS-S ab 4
- Voraussetzungen / Organisatorisches
- This level 3 law course is part of the legal English certificate programme Fachsprache Jura.
The course may only be attended by those law students who have already satisfactorily completed at least the compulsory course Introduction to English Legal Language.
If you have any questions regarding the content or the requirements - in particular if you have previously studied at another university or wish to have courses recognised from a period of study abroad, please contact us via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
COMBINATION WITH OTHER ENGLISH COURSES
You may attend this course and other level 3 law courses and / or general English courses in the same semester.
Registration is obligatory for this course online via StudOn
Regular attendance and active participation are required in order to successfully complete this course, therefore attendance at the face-to-face sessions and/or Zoom meetings is compulsory in accordance with the university guidelines which are relevant in determining admissibility to the exam.
There are three components to the assessment for this course:
A 10 minute individual oral examination (30% of the final grade) which will take place in the week 6th - 10th February 2023
A listening comprehension summary task (30%)+
A text production task (40%)+
+The listening and text production tasks will be made available via StudOn on Wednesday, 21st December 2022 and must be submitted - also via StudOn - by Sunday, 8th January 2023 at the latest.
Registration for the exam via campo is required during the registration period announced by the examinations office. The exam number is 30157.
REPEATING THE COURSE
This course is offered every semester. Students who fail the exam and wish to retake it may do so at the end of the next semester without having to retake the whole course, providing they obtain the grade 4,7. Students who fail with the grade 5,0 may be required to retake the whole course before being allowed to attempt the exam again.
- The course consists of 4 units and covers four separate areas of private law:
1. Employment Law
2. Family Law
3. Property Law
4. Inheritance Law
1. Employment law deals with the rights and obligations of employers and employees before, during and at the termination of employment, the tribunal system in the UK, considers the various anti-discrimination legislation in the EU, England and Germany, and covers the terminology used in this area of law.
2. Family law covers the law relating to family matters and you will be examining this in the context of marriage, divorce, parental responsibility and the rights of children. You will examine the courts which have family law jurisdiction and the legislation which guides them, as well as relevant case law in this area.
3. Property law encompasses the laws concerning the acquisition, sharing and protection of valuable assets in England and Wales. You will look at this in the context of the four areas which fall into this field of law; land law, also known as ‘real property’, trust law, personal property and intellectual property, as well as learn and utilise topic specific terminology.
4. In inheritance law you will look at what happens to a person’s property upon that person’s death, what is required for a will to be valid, the different legal approaches when a person dies with/without leaving a will, and learn and use related terminology in this field of law. An examination and comparison of the relevant legislative instruments used in both England and Germany is also covered together with cross -boarder issues.
- Empfohlene Literatur
- All materials and course resources will be provided online (via StudOn).
- Credits: 2,5
- Zusätzliche Informationen
- Schlagwörter: Juristische Fachsprachausbildung
- Institution: Englisch für alle Fakultäten (EASP)
|Einzeltermine am 17.10.2022, 24.10.2022, 7.11.2022, 21.11.2022, 5.12.2022, 19.12.2022, 16.1.2023, 30.1.2023|| 8:15 - 9:45 ||JDC R 2.281|
|Kurs Gruppe 1: Präsenztermine Montag 08:15 - 09:45, erwartete Teilnehmer: 20, maximale Teilnehmer: 20||Catherine Nowland
|Einzeltermine am 18.10.2022, 25.10.2022, 8.11.2022, 22.11.2022, 6.12.2022, 20.12.2022, 17.1.2023, 31.1.2023|| 14:15 - 15:45 ||F 1 (IFA)|
|Kurs Gruppe 2: Präsenztermine Dienstag 14:15 - 15:45, erwartete Teilnehmer: 20, maximale Teilnehmer: 20||Catherine Nowland
||UnivIS ist ein Produkt der Config eG, Buckenhof